What happens at the end of a syndicate term?
There really is no obligation at all after the initial one-off purchase!
All The Racing Emporium horses have a set syndicate term, which usually lasts for approximately 12 months, although this can vary. Towards the end of the term, we will write to all owners, giving them a chance to renew for a further term. As part of the invitation to renew, owners will receive a report from the trainer and The Racing Emporium team. This report will include the horse’s prospects going forward and a recommendation on whether we believe the horse should continue into a further term.
The renewal price is very likely to be cheaper than the price paid to purchase the share(s) in the first instance, as owners will have already paid for their share of the capital of the horse. Therefore, the renewal price just includes the ongoing training fees, management fees and insurance. Owners are not obliged to renew their share(s) if they don’t wish to, it’s completely their choice. Once the syndicate term ends, any relinquished share(s) will automatically be released for sale. If their share(s) sell to a new owner, owners will receive the relevant capital value of the horse credited to their Racing Emporium account.
If a low number of owners decide to renew their shares, the syndicate may be re-structured (see Terms and Conditions), or the horse may potentially be sold. If a horse is sold, the net sale price will be divided by the number of shares in the syndicate and all owners will receive their share of the net sale price to their Racing Emporium account. If the syndicate does not continue into an extended period, any renewal payment will be refunded.
Can I leave the syndicate any time?
Yes you can leave the syndicate anytime
Are there any additional fees?
The share price is different for each horse but besides that there will be nothing extra to pay, no matter what costs are incurred during the syndicate period.
Can I visit my horse?
Yes you can visit your horse. Stable visits will be available from October 2019, which are free for an owner to attend.
Can I buy a share as a gift
Yes you can buy it as a gift! No problem. All Certificates come blank so you can fill the name of the shareholder in or send directly to them so they can have the pleasure themselves.
What information do I receive about my horse?
All owners will receive a monthly email keeping them updated on the progress of our horses
What are the benefits of owning a share?
- Share the Prize Money – The winning will be divided up between owners.
- You will recieve updates – These will be via email or via social media.
- Free Email Alerts – We will notify you via email when your horse is running.
- Perfect as a gift – Our share certificates come in premium giftboxes so they’re perfect presents
- Increases the thrill of racing – Few things compare to seeing your own horse racing on TV or live at the track, this is how you get that thrill
- Raceday Rewards – The Racing Emporium will offer VIP badges and raceday rewards to its members
- Be part of a community – The Racing Emporium is run by and services horse racing fanatics, join in and be a part of it